Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Falling Diet Coke & Mentos Dominos End At Coke

You might recall the video interview I did with Fritz Grobe and Stephen Voltz of Eeepybird.com, famous for the Diet Coke and Mentos experiment (viewed millions of times!), and Steven Starr, CEO and co-founder of Revver.

Well, Fritz Grobe just forwarded me his new Diet Coke & Mentos Experiment II video. Interestingly, Coke finally gave in and partnered with EepyBird for this new video. It is part of the Poetry In Motion video challenge over at Coke.

What’s interesting about this Coke-EepyBird relationship is that it is a marketing-advertising-media-creative initiative which seems to have bypassed any traditional agencies (or could easily have). Are grassroots, up-and-coming Internet content creators the new competition to traditional agencies? As I wrote earlier on my personal blog, the verdict appears to be yes.

Press play below and check it out!



1 Comments:

Blogger plaiche said...

fascinating on a number of levels...as for a marketing tool, all I could think about was I would never put that shit in my stomach after watching that display!

4:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home